Friday, February 2, 2007

Future MILF Weigh-In: Week 4

This morning I am savoring my weigh-in reward, a non-fat, decaf latte from Starbucks (2 pts). It replaces my old Friday habit of a White Chocolate Mocha, I think I shed a tear or two when I found out it had 7 points! One thing I do pretty consistently is stay away from beverages with calories, the expceptions are the Friday non-fat latte and an occasional glass of wine (only if there are kids around of course).

Aunt Flo came to visit this week with her bag o' tricks. She and Sugar Mama are a bad, bad combo. It didn't help that I went to two birthday parties featuring sugary goodness and someone plopped a big piece of cake on my desk from a celebration here as well. Its hard enough trying to keep from biting the heads off my poor family during her unwelcome visit, let alone without chocolate to calm the beast.

I made it to the gym 5, yes f-i-v-e, times this week. Thankfully the girls love to go to the kids program there, its a win-win they might get to see some friends and get a chance to run around and I get to exercise without feeling guilty for not spending time with them.

Two weeks ago I did really well with eating better, last week sucked all the way around, this week I did less well with the eating and much better with the exercise. I remember going through this cycle before. First I get the eating under control and then when I start exercising I feel like its a license to eat more, hopefully this week I will settle into the "I'm exercising and its a waste not to eat better and see all the results" place.

Summary:

Goal for 2007: 60 pounds
Lost this week: 1 pound
Total lost: 1.6 pounds

Goals for next week:

-Exercise at least 4 days
-Write EVERYTHING DOWN (I had a bit of a BLT issue as well)

Healthy Favorites:
Newmann's Own Light Sesame Ginger Dressing (also great as a marinade)
Homemade vegetable soup, make some on the weekend and have it for lunches all week
Kashi TLC crackers-Original 7 grain and Honey Sesame in 2 pt packages

12 comments:

Tree said...

Good job, Mama Maven! Five times in the gym is awesome. You have to reward yourself every now & then, so the fat free latte is good.

snackiepoo said...

You are doing really well! I always used to get irritated when I would lose a pound but eventually they all add up!

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
misskrob said...

Sorry, the post by Dan that was removed above was me because I didn't realize my computer was logged in as my hubby!

congrats on the loss! We future MILFs in our Non-Mom Jeans have to stick together!

Oh, The Joys said...

Hang in there! I totally averaged 1 pound a week over the long haul and it took a good 3-4 weeks to really feel like I could go without some of the things I liked to eat.

I'm a big fan of the weight watchers 1 point fudgecicles.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

1 pound lost is MUCH better than 1 pound gained! 5 days at the gym? WOW! I need some of that motivation! Good luck next week.

jakelliesmom said...

Yeah, five times at the gym is the gold standard! Good job. And there is nothing wrong with a pound a week.

Builder Mama said...

That's great! Five times at the gym is amazing, you should be very proud of yourself!

Katrina said...

5 visits to the gym??? Congrats!

Exercise is going to be my next addition to the MILF/WW diet. And 1 pound is a great loss!

sillychick said...

Great job mama!!! I don't think any of us should ever put ourselves down for "only" losing 1 lb. How long do you think it has taken you to gain all of your weight? You should be proud of yourself, chicky!

Cake...my weakness. Gym...used to be nemesis, but now I'm learning to love it. Keep it up!

Diana said...

Congrats!!! I am very impressed with your gym record! I need to take some notes, you're my hero - working out more is so my goal this week!

yerdoingitwrong said...

Nicely done. Keep up the good work!!!!