Friday, October 5, 2007

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

First, the good. Week #1 of bribe Boobah is going quite well. Over the past few weeks she has been increasingly clingy in the morning at preschool drop off. Clinging to my leg, whining "but I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaant you," and having to be diverted by one of her teachers. If she wasn't thrilled to tell me all about her wonderful day when I pick her up I'd have been worried about what was going on at school. If she'd thrown the same fit when Gman dropped her off, I might have been worried. So, I decided to go the bribery route. For every day that Boobah and I have a good drop off she gets to put a sticker on the calendar. When she gets 10 stickers, she gets a prize. Today was 5 in a row, in fact this morning she pushed me out the door. Ah, sweet success (I hope I'm not jinxing myself!).

And I can't forget, kudos to the Tribe for beating the Yankees soundly last night!

The Bad. The quest for MILF-dom is still going nowhere. I am kicking some serious exercise ass. Swimming, biking, running. I feel stronger, I am making progress on the "Couch to 5K" program, my swimming is getting stronger. The scale however is not going down. That might have something to do with my inability to stay away from the sweet stuff. Right now I am trying not to worry about it too much but I'm working hard in the gym and it sucks to not see results!

The Ugly. PDQ threw the biggest flippin' fit this morning. The entire morning was punctuated by screams of "I don't want to!" She didn't want to get dressed, wear either of the outfits I put out for "spirit day," brush her teeth, go to school, brush her hair, get out of bed, and on and on and on. The crowning glory was several minutes of standing in the hall screaming at the top of her lungs "I DON'T WANT TO!" I laughed, I cried, I seethed, and I yelled. It seriously sucked. As quickly as it started, it ended 20 minutes later with her calmly asking for breakfast and making her way to the car. After a slight altercation with Boobah who didn't want PDQ entering the van from her side we were off. I felt like I'd already run the obstacle course and we hadn't even made it out of the garage. No matter what time we put them to bed, she doesn't want to get up in the morning, perhaps some bribery is in order for her as well.

3 comments:

Builder Mama said...

I highly recommend bribery - it works every time, however Joey is tired of having to buy Yurman to do it.

Just kidding. Sort of. Sorry this morning was so rough, but I attribute part of it to the celestial alignment this week. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Ann(ie) said...

After all of the training and the 60 mile three day the scale didn't budge. I wasn't near as jiggly, but UGH!! I was hoping for at least 20 lbs. It was maddening! I hope you have better luck.

mackeydoodle said...

Judging by your picture in the top right hand corner,I think you have already acheived MILFdom!
Don't be so hard on yourself...you are beautiful!
Besides...when you are exersicing more you shouldn't weigh yourself to see results. Measurements all the way. Compare your measurements from when you first started.