Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Traffic Hell

Really, my commute to work is only about 8 miles, the first drop off is only 4 miles from the house, really what is the idiots per mile ratio today? I had to slam on my breaks twice in that first stretch because people turned out right in front of me. The second time she saw me at the last minute and managed to pull onto the side of the road instead of right in front of me, otherwise it would have been really, really ugly, no way I could have avoided her expensive sports car. After those near misses there was another car who felt it necessary to speed through the left turn only lane to cut in front of the truck in front of me saving herself at least 2 seconds. I've said it before, driving around here scares the crap out of me but its nothing compared to the fear on the bike!

2 comments:

Mitzi Green said...

yesterday morning i was heading west to my office, on a side street through my neighborhood. i had to practically stop to avoid hitting some idiot who was driving eastbound on the same street, window down, holding a F'ING LEASH TO WHICH HER DOG WAS ATTACHED. and said dog was trying desperately to attack some other dogs who were walking on the other side of the road. in hindsight, i wish i'd just run over the damn dog.

MamaMaven said...

Oh. My. Gawd. Did everyone wake up on the crazy side of the bed?? Really is it a sanity test they should give to get a license? Or just one for common sense???