Thursday, June 7, 2007

My feet are in serious love with these shoes.

I just gotta say, I heard people rave about Crocs clogs but I just couldn't bring myself to even put my feet in them. I wear a size 10, a pair of big bright clogs where never going to do my feet any favors. Then my sister got these cool Crocs sandals and said they were the most comfortable things ever. I gotta agree. I tried them on in the store and then had to order them online because they only had neon colors. Mine are the chocolate and cotton candy, good name, even better feeling. My feet are so darned happy! I don't know if Stacey and Clinton would approve but I really don't care.

Speaking of love. Check out my eHarmony Marriage evaluation over at Maven Says.

I went for allergy testing this morning after my shrimp eating experience. Sure enough, I tested positive to shrimp, crab and lobster--if that isn't enough to make a crustacean lover cry I don't know what is. I was issued an epinephrine pen and advised to stay away from shellfish with the warning that the reactions generally get worse. What a serious bummer, I really love shellfish, I guess I will be a "turf" girl from here on out. While I was there she tested for environmental allergies, I'd always expected I had them but I never knew to what. Turns out to almost all tree pollen, cats, some molds and a HUGE reaction to dust mites. My wrist was itching before I even walked out of the room from getting tested. Two hours and a dose of Benadryl later its still red and puffy. That might explain my eczema and my allergy attacks turned sinus infection pattern. My instructions are to go home and put covers on my pillows, mattress and box springs. I am anxious to see if it helps.

9 comments:

g-man said...

I guess you can't snatch the shrimp off my plate aymore! :)
Bummer babe.

Esmerelda said...

Good luck with the allergies. I will try not to poison you.

I may just have to get those shoes...the crocs look TERRIBLE on my mother's feet. I don't have the heart to tellher.

Unknown said...

CRABS?

Silence.

CRABS??????????????

Us ex-pat Marylanders will hold a moment of silence for you out here in Denver.

And the Croc sandals *do* look like the bomb. Gonna need to get me some of those!

Unknown said...

Have I mentioned Crocs are a Colorado company??? Woooeee!!!

MamaMaven said...

Yes, crabs. How the hell do you live in Maryland and avoid crabs? Crab cakes? Whole crabs? It was a sad, sad day. The really unfortunate part is not knowing which exposure could make you stop breathing--right now the reaction is relatively minor but that means nothing.

Gretchen said...

cute shoes...

Too bad about the allergies, though.

Builder Mama said...

Bummer about the seafood allergies. So I guess making crab dip when you visit is out, huh?

I am curious about those sandals though. Do they make your feet sweat? The Crocs clogs scare me too much, I refuse to even try them on because my feet would spontaneously combust.

Love the labels at the bottom of this post though - Allergies, Health, Marriage, Shoes, Shopping. It's like My Favorite Things, Just Not In Any Particular Order.

Mayberrys said...

Crocs are the BEST!!
(No, Builder, your feet won't combust. They are nicely aerated!)
I haven't seen those...we all have the clogs...I will have to check them out...

yerdoingitwrong said...

Those are dang cute shoes. I wear a size 10, too. I fully understand!