Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What a bunch of jocks

My parents came to visit this weekend to see the girls play soccer on Saturday.

But first...
I had my tri training class-our first ride and run on the Iron Girl course. I gotta say, riding on the road with traffic scares the bejeezus out of me. It wasn't so bad when we started shortly after 7AM, on the way back to the park an hour later was a different story, there was the regular weekend morning crowd along with a walk for the Special Olympics, and the big local triathlon is coming up in three weeks so everyone was out trying to get in a practice ride. The camaraderie among riders was good, they'd pass and give a "keep going" or the "downhill is the fun part!" Gotta say the manners of the riders far outweighed some of the drivers. SUVs hugging the line when there is nowhere else to go is just damned scary. But I made it. I got up all the hills, not without feeling like my heart was going to pound out of my chest but I made it without falling over. After the ride was a 3 mile run around the lake. It wasn't too bad, my legs weren't nearly as spent as they have been in the past when it was time to run, I'll take that as a good sign!

I made it home and it was off to soccer. PDQ scored a goal! Unfortunately the folks, Boobah and I hadn't made it to the field yet and GMan was still unloading the camera. The other parents were happy to tell me all about it and the fact that it was a "real" goal, not one that she slipped by someone paying attention. We hurried from her game all the way back across town to Boobah's game. She spent most of her time picking her nose. My little multi-tasker. There was a little guy on the other team with sunglasses that matched his jersey, complete with headband. He was seriously out of control--at last count he scored 10 goals. I know because he was keeping track and showing it to his parents on his fingers.

Mom and I did our favorite sporting activity in the afternoon--sale shopping at Kohl's. It was great to see my parents. The girls adore them and Boobah was Pop's girl. She wanted nothing more than to spend time with my Dad. He eats up every minute of it. The girls are off to spend a week with my parents in June when schools out and I know they will all love it.

No comments: