Saturday, January 6, 2007

Back to the diet

Made it back to work, now time to make it back to eating things that aren't going to kill me. I was doing so well before the having my gallbladderout--there is certainly some added incentive knowing that fat and just plain too much food are going to make you miserable. I followed links from Jennie and Gretchen over to Mom-0-matic and joined the future MILF challenge figuring that having people to report into was the kind of incentive I need.

I lost just shy of 100 pounds after my first pregnancy, it is amazing what gestational diabetes and HELLP syndrome will do to your attitude about living. Princess Drama Queen and I logged a lot of miles walking around the lake near our house. I was a very faithful Weight Watchers online participant and at the time was amazed how easy it was compared to other times I'd tried to lose weight. That was 4 years ago, I took my second pregnancy as license to eat and eat I did. Since then I held tight down about 50 pounds, then there was the real estate hell that was last summer. I stress ate my way through the entire summer to find myself up 10 more pounds and not fitting into any of my clothes. Before Christmas I managed to lose those 10 pounds but seem to have found 4.5 of them again.

So my future MILF goal is to lose 5 pounds a month this year and get rid of 60 pesky pounds, I've done it before, I know I can do it again. I am going to do Weight Watchers online, keeping track of what I am eating seems to be what I need. Exercise is the other thing, I had my groove going before and hopefully next week I will feel well enough to get back to it.

2 comments:

g-man said...

You're always a MILF im my book honey!

Tree said...

You can do it, Mama Maven! I know it. I "met" you just after you had lost the 100 lb and I was so impressed by that.

If you ever need support, you know you have it in me.