Monday, January 8, 2007

The week is off to a rip roarin' start

After weeks of fighting with the girls about getting out of bed and getting dressed in the morning we instituted a new rule. For every extra time Mommy has to ask you to get dressed, you go to bed five minutes earlier that night. For PDQ I think its totally appropriate, for Boobah at 3 I can cut her some slack. So this morning, I reminded them of THE NEW RULE, gave them their clothes and started us on our merry Monday morning way. So as to avoid the fight with Boobah I got her dressed, she wanted nothing of it. She wanted to leave on her Elmo jammies, I might have let her but she was already dressed! She screamed in my room, screamed naked on the toilet and finally I brokered a deal--if you stop screaming and put your clothes back on I will let you take your jammies with you. The screaming stopped, the teeth got brushed and we almost made it out the door when she remembered the jammies (which I had in hand). She went to the van, got the daycare bag and since the jammies hadn't magically transported themselves there we had more tears. That one was settled quickly and we were on our way--only 20 minutes behind schedule. So, my day with grown ups has to get better, right? RIGHT?

5 comments:

g-man said...

Well I hope it goes better, I cant imagine your boss running around in her jammies, wait a minute, yes I can, bad example. I cant see her throwing a fit because she didn't get her... wait I'll think of one ... Ok maybe not. I hope you have a lovely day my sweet.

Tree said...

I like that idea of 1 min in the morning = 5 min at night. I may borrow that one.

Hope the rest of the day goes off without a hitch.

Mom O Matic said...

Fight the good fight but know when to give in to Elmo jammies.

Builder Mama said...

"So, my day with grown ups has to get better, right? RIGHT?"

Um....yeah.

MamaMaven said...

Well Builder Mama, one CAN dream can't they :) Lotta, I had the same thought about 50 times during the Elmo jammies screaming--if she hadn't already been dressed I would have given in--last week one day she went in a night gown, sweat pants, cowboy boots, hat, scarf, coat and it was 50 degrees.