Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Oops, I did it again

Esmerelda and I took Gman to the gym last night for the Group Power class we love to hate. I would say that Gman fell closer to the hate side of the equation. Mistake number one was going to Panera for dinner first. They were soooooo slow that we only had about 20 minutes to eat before we had to get to the gym to get set up for class. I learned my lesson after the Cheeburger Cheeburger incident and ate pretty light stuff. We worked up a sweat and laughed together. I am trying to persuade him to go with me one night a week—there is something sexy about working out together—besides the fact that we can both use the workout!

If going to the gym at 7:45 last night wasn’t enough fun for the week, I hit the spinning class at 5:45 this morning again with Esmerelda. I didn’t sleep well at all last night, I was mad because I couldn’t find my good cycling shorts, Gman and I watched the end of The DaVinci Code and I thought I’d fall into a deep sleep quickly (yeah Tylenol PM). Yeah, right. I fought to get to sleep, then I couldn’t stay asleep and at 4-something this morning we had a thunderstorm, the kind with thunder that makes the whole house shake. Needless to say getting my carcass out of the bed at 5:10 AM was far from easy, I got up on the first alarm knowing that if I hit snooze I'd never get out of bed. But I did it. Then I enjoyed the spinning class as much as you can enjoy anything that makes you sore all over.

I decided to skip the gym locker room this morning after my Monday experiences. There is a locker room at work and I decided I’d give it a try. I know at least one other morning exerciser who does it so I figured it couldn’t be all bad. I’ve never been at the office at 6:45 AM, its really, really quiet which creeped me out a bit when I headed up to take a shower, they (the 3 people I saw on my way in) all know where I am going, psycho music playing in my head. I turned on the water and waited for it to get warm, and I waited and waited and waited and waited. Finally I decided it wouldn’t make me turn blue so I braved it, definite wake-me-up experience. Finally, after 2 hair washes the hot water arrived, thank goodness! I get out, confident that I have underwear and deodorant today. Apparently I was prematurely cocky—no bra. So there I am trying to decide between my sweaty blue sports bra or nothing. I started with nothing, went out to check it in the mirror-not that bad but I knew I’d either be wearing my coat or so obsessed about it that I’d have to head to Target for a new one. I comptemplated the sports bra—would it show in the neckline of my shirt, doesn’t show--check. Did it smell like cake batter or worse, no smell--check. Now, what the hell to do about the big wet spot? Iff I was self conscious about everything hanging free I know a big wet spot was probably worse! Ah, the hair dryer, so I spent the next couple of minutes praying that no one would open up the bathroom door and find me there in front of the mirror, right inside the door at the only outlet in the whole freaking place blow drying my bra. Dry--check. Obviously I need to keep an entire change of clothes in my van along with everything else if I am going to attempt morning exercise.

I was at my desk before 7:30, half-caff’d and ready to go. Later today I am going to my first acupuncture appointment, hoping that self-awareness and total exhaustion will bring with it the ability to sleep through the night. I made it to the doctor yesterday. Yep, he suspects I am allergic to shellfish and should probably avoid it. When I asked him about the allergist he told me it was up to me, my immune system was obviously in overdrive and he was sure they'd find something. I left a bit frustrated, I will probably call the allergist today and start the long wait to get tested and find out what exactly what sent me into hives the other night and what has my eczema in high gear. Part of me wants to play what you don't know can't hurt you but I know in this case its just not true!

6 comments:

Esmerelda said...

You were AWESOME this morning. I totally enjoyed having you...and you got stuck behind the pole AGAIN. You are indeed a true friend. I realized half way through we could have shifted left.

g-man said...

Well you said the magic words honey, you know I'll be going back. :) The class was entertaining on a few levels. It was definitely a workout.

I had to laugh at the bra thing, especially as I watched you as you ran about the house last night getting your stuff ready. SHMILY!

Tree said...

Good job on the morning workout! Third time's a charm, right? I like the idea of keeping an extra set in the car. But I still have money on you that you will run to Target at lunchtime and buy a new bra...

I thought you may have said the magic words to get Gman to go!!! LMAO.

MamaMaven said...

I KNEW those were the words to get Gman to class :) I am not going to Target, I need to go home and get a new book of checks so I will go get an old reliable one :P

yerdoingitwrong said...

owie. 5:45 I could do, but working out sounds painful. I am a zombie until somewhere around 11-ish and that's after a couple of venti Starbucks. I guess if gonna lost weight I'd better change my attitude. Maybe you'll rub off on me and my lazy ways!! =)

Unknown said...

How was acupuncture? I have always wanted to try is for my sinus gunk.