Friday, July 27, 2007

Damn Harry Potter

I have resisted the whole Harry Potter thing. I love to read young wizards are usually not in my genre. Gman asked Es to babysit (score husband points there) early in the week so we could go see The Order of the Phoenix last night. Win-win for everyone, except perhaps Es. We get a date, the girls get some of their favorite adult company, and Es did get to be the object of their adoring attention (oh and we brought her cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory).

I think I watched one of the other HP movies on a cross country flight. I enjoyed it but wasn't sucked into the whole thing. Last night was kind of the same, except for the few times where there was a giggle going through the crowd that indicated there was more to the story than the uninitiated weren't in on. I think I've finally been bitten. I feel the need to start reading the books. Maybe not the run-out-and-buy-it-now fever that seems to be running rampant but enough curiosity to give it a go.

2 comments:

MPPs Mom said...

Me too!!!

I decided to go to the library to get HP#1 to take on vacation and see if I can get bitten by this bug. Would you believe that every single HP book has been checked out? Guess I'll have to buy it, lol.

Since we are both starting from scratch, we'll have to compare notes!

MamaMaven said...

You are on! I checked our library as well and they are all out. I was thinking that buying them might be good to have them for the girls anyway.