Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What happened to my stomach of steel?

Blech. That pretty much describes how I feel. I've been so good about working out. Yesterday morning I just couldn't pull myself out of the bed at 5:15 to go swim. My schedule yesterday was light on meetings so I went at lunch time, first few laps fine. Then the nausea hit me. I managed a few more laps on my back. Every time I thought about swimming freestyle again my stomach answered "do it and I'll revolt." I managed to drag myself out of the pool and stumble back to the locker room. Back at my desk I carefully picked things I thought would stop the madness. It worked reasonably well--until the gas came. I don't know what fired me up but the power of the explosions coming out of my backside are like none I've encountered before. I actually blew so much air in the tub it splashed water out--something I'd expect only from Gman (who, is experiencing technical difficulties with his host, he has not disappeared off the face of the earth).

Off to try the magic of acupuncture this morning and see if it can help right my system. Otherwise I might need to avoid others until is passes (no pun intended!).

1 comment:

Tree said...

OMG! I hope you feel better today!