Saturday, November 3, 2007

Catching Up on Thanks

As usual I am just a little behind. Following the lead of Greeblemonkey, Bananas and Toddlers and Buildermama I joined the NaBloPoMo 30 Days of Thanks group started by Boogiemum. Its too easy sometimes to lose sight of all the things we are thankful for so here's to 30 days of rembering them.

  1. I am thankful for my great friends, online and in real life who keep me sane. I've gotten so many supportive comments, e-mails and phone calls checking up on me the last few days and I really appreciate it.
  2. I am thankful for the health of my kids. What a blessing to not have to worry about food allergies like so many of my friends.
  3. Today I head back to the gym and get some running and cycling in. I am thankful for both and the desire to get off the couch, do them and take care of myself both physically and mentally.

Ah, that gets my mind back in the groove of being thankful instead of being upset. Yesterday, before I left the house to do all of my errands I looked up the hours of the places I needed to go on the internet before I left. They were all wrong so I spent a lot of time out driving around town that I could have spent relaxing. I got the cookie money deposited, Ann's cookies in the mail, picked up my antibiotic and bought some yarn to attempt an afghan for my nephew to be. It took waaaaaaaaaaay longer than I ever expected. I guess me being stuck on slomo didn't help either.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I'm always in slomo when looking at yarn! I'll lose an hour easy...