Sunday, January 27, 2008

I survived triathlon training week 1

I made it through the first week of triathlon training and although I am tired I am still standing upright and nothing hurts too horribly bad. This morning was rough, first we did a little running warm up, then cycling on our bikes on the trainer, then a quick change of clothes and out into the cold to run. When she said we'd run over to the track at the nearby high school, THEN do our workout and run back I had to laugh--as if running TO the track and back wasn't workout enough, especially after the cycling. I will admit, I didn't run the entire time, I walked a bit, very briskly but it was walking. I don't know that my running is faster than my walking, I think it just makes me breathe harder. Once I stopped and tried to cool down, shower and make it to church on time the coughing started. I was surprised it didn't hit me when I was running outside in the cold but I'll take it, easier to shower and cough than it is to run and cough!

According to my heart rate monitor I burned over 2000 calories--no wonder I've been a bottomless pit today! There is serious girl power in the class. While there are men in the class I didn't speak to a single one. The other women though, they'd give shouts of encouragement as they lapped me on the track. What a wonderfully positive place to be! There are older folks, heavier folks and just generally fun folks in the class and I am sure that will get me through. Thanks especially to Es for being so darned supportive and talking me down in my moments of what the hell have I gotten myself into!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

well done you!!!

g-man said...

Rock on sista!!!! 'Tis why I love you.

Tree said...

GREAT job!!!