Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm Ready to Rock

That is what Boobah told me this morning as I was quizzing her on whether we had everything she needed to go into school this morning. "Yep Mom, I'm ready to rock!" Obviously she and daddy are hanging out together :)

I felt seriously ready to rock yesterday afternooon. Yesterday morning we had a great workout. A little over an hour on the bike, then the run outside. I was all pumped up to run ALL of the workout from last week. Alas, coach announces, this morning we are running hills. Hills? Ugh I did an okay job, I passed someone and there were at least 4 people behind me. I didn't quite catch up to the woman in front of me who was in my sights for most of the run but I felt okay with my progress. I had a slight moment of panic when I went back into the gym and saw the sign that there was NO HOT WATER. I had to go to church and I was the liturgist so I had to stand up in front of people and couldn't do it without a shower. Thankfully it was a false alarm of sorts, the water wasn't hot but it was warm.

By the time I got to church I felt great. Serious runner's high (or runner and biker in my case). I went to the grocery store, BJs, and Trader Joe's on the way home. I found myself jogging through the aisles and the parking lot. Woo hoo, gotta love it. Then I got home, prepared all the food for the Super Bowl festivities. Starting to wind down a bit. Made it to the Libby Lu birthday party--could barely stay in the store because it was SO WARM. Thankfully I got a chance to walk around the mall a bit and found some great bargains. If there is one place that can suck the life out of you though, it is the mall!

Woohoo for the big Giants win, I really couldn't have cared less but GMan and Esmerelda were rooting for the Giants so I was glad to see them happy and to watch a truly great game. So now, its Monday, again. I need to get some of that exercise high back to get me through this day!

No comments: