On to much happier thoughts. Today is my eighth wedding anniversary. Last night we were discussing how sometimes it feels like we've been together forever and other times it is hard to fathom that its possibly been that long. Time seems to fly by these days, a sure sign that I am getting older and continue to sound more and more like my mother with every passing day.
So, in honor of our eighth anniversary I'll tell you (and him) eight wonderful things about GMan.
- I love that you have a joke for almost any occasion. Your ability to laugh at yourself and the world around you is amazing. I don't think I've always appreciated it as much as I do now, I enjoy it instead of wondering what other people will think.
- I love what a great Dad you are. You walk that wonderful tightrope between stern disciplinarian and fun guy with what appears to be great ease.
- I love how you never get really mad at me for the stupid stuff I do. I remember being scared to tell you something so many times and being relieved that you just shrugged it off. Oh by the way, about the car....
- I love that you can talk about how you feel and show it in so many ways.
- I love that you've found your passion in photography and have grown so much in the last few years.
- I love that you teach Boobah's Sunday School class, I know it means so much to her and that the other kids love it as well.
- I love your ability to fix just about anything. I know I might now always sound appreciative of the time it takes or what it costs but I love having you be my Mr. Fixit.
- Finally, I know its trite but, I love the way you love me.
From our honeymoon