Friday, May 23, 2008

I'd lose my head if it weren't attached

I have always had a hard time holding on to things, I lose my keys, papers and my mind on a regular basis. Generally its nothing of great value though. Now I seem to have misplaced two rather pricey items--my camera, which I haven't seen since Christmas. I know I took it to Ohio to visit the folks, haven't seen it since, but its GOT to be here somewhere, tucked away in a bag or something. I haven't put a lot of energy into finding it--probably because I haven't needed it too desperately since I have Gman, picture taker extraordinaire, to take all my pictures for me. Its always bad when you realize you haven't seen something in a long time, in our house that is that much longer to get buried in piles of stuff.

The newest item to pull the disappearing act--my heart rate monitor transmitter and strap. I know I wore it to spin class on Wednesday, I took yesterday off and today, I can't find it anywhere. I checked the lost and found at the gym, no dice. I went through the lockers I thought I might have used on Wednesday, no dice. I checked under the seats in my van, completely emptied my gym bag, searched all my coat pockets, nada. Now this little gem I use nearly every day. I thought I'd gotten really good at doing the same thing with it every time I took it off, apparently in my hurry to get back to work I didn't. The only thing I can figure out is that perhaps I threw it in the dirty towel bin and its getting washed with thousands of gym towels. I guess the one I "won" for fundraising for my first tri might actually come in useful!
________________________________________________

Think thin Thursday update, the downward trend continued although not on the pace I'd like. But at least it was .6 pounds in the right direction.

No comments: