Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Maven Says: Girls Dig Bugs



One might think that having two little girls bugs might not be a popular topic at my house. How wrong you would be, my girls dig bugs. Most everything else makes them whine or shriek, but not bugs, worms or caterpillars. The Discovery Store's Bug Net Launcher combines two of (much to my chagrin) the girls' favorite things bugs and shooting stuff!

I must admit, I love the toys that we've had the privilege of reviewing for Parent Bloggers Network. The Bug Net Launcher is no exception, well made, great directions, fun colors and a response of "cool!" from the kids--a response for which $24.95 is a small price to pay. We had lots of fun trying to track bugs in our basement but had little luck, we are, thankfully, pretty bug-free these days. We will continue to hunt down the occasional spider and once its warm and dry enough that the kids leave the back door open I am sure the Bug Net Launcher will be employed to rid our house of flies (ick!).

Outside the luck was better--we are unfortunately being overrun by tent caterpillars this year, they move very slooooooowwwwwwwly and make good targets. Earthworms are equally slow. I have a feeling the girls may be disappointed when they encounter bugs with a bit more get up and go.

I can't wait until my nephews are a bit older, I can guarantee that out in the middle of nowhere where they live they would find countless things to trap! For now I'll put it on the short list for summer birthday gifts for adventurous boys and girls turning 6, 7 & 8.

No comments: