Friday, October 17, 2008

Swearing in German

Verdammt!

Why haven't I posted in so long? Well you see, Google thinks we are in Germany and all of the Google related sites, including blogger have all the menus in German which may be the land of my ancesters but I read not a word. Verizon says they bought IP addresses and Google just hasn't registered them yet. Not sure I believe it because none of the things they suggested have worked to correct the issue. Fortunately only Google is affected, unfortunately Google affects a whole lot of things. Thankfully we've stuck with German, some of the neighbors are now in France.

Cute things kids say:

Me: Okay, git 'er done (in my best 'Mater/Larry the Cable Guy voice)
Boobah: Did you say that because I am a girl?
Me (Quizzical look) Huh?
Boobah: Well you said "Get HER done" if I was a boy would have you said "Get him done"
Me: I said git ER done, ah just forget it and wash yourself

Running is good, I am in week 4 of the 8 week training program for a 10K. Buildermama and I are doing the 8K at the Richmond Marathon November 15 and I figure being a few Ks ahead is a good plan. I just want to be able to run the whole thing. My sister and I are doing the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in April and I am signed up for the Columbia Triathlon in May and Iron Girl in August--I can't believe I am planning stuff this far ahead!

No comments: