Thursday, March 22, 2007

No as bad as I thought

It turned out that my quad wasn't as bad as I feared. A little ice, a little heat, a little sleep and it felt much better. I threw caution to the wind and went to my spinning class at lunchtime yesterday. I didn't go all out, babying my leg a bit, but I got a great workout. I felt like such a jock working through the pain. Of course at the end of the class I got off the bike and caught my foot on another bike and twisted my leg in just the right way, OUCH. I went back to the office and sat with an ice bag (a Trash Tosser from Blink, they are great for all kinds of stuff!) on my leg praying that I wouldn't end up looking like I'd peed myself.

I thought that lunchtime exercise would get my blood pumping and I'd be on top of my game all afternoon. I was doing really well until about 2:30 and then all I wanted to do was put my head on the table and nap. Unfortunately, not an option.

We had our first run at making sushi at home last night. We weren't quite as proficient as we were under the close supervision of the Sushi Princess but they tasted great. We let the girls pick their fillings, Boobah didn't eat a lot, PDQ loved everything and ate hers as well as some of mine & Gman's. We'll definitely do it again, the only issue was the time, we used the table to make the rolls so then we had to clean it off so we could eat. The children were NOT patient by that time since they knew the food was "done." Gman took some pictures, I'll link up when he's posted since I got to put them all up last time.

4 comments:

Esmerelda said...

How cool for you. I'm most hesitant about the proper cooking of the rice. Whilst that is second nature to you, I get distracted easily....look what I did to the SHRIMP!

MamaMaven said...

I was near panic about the rice, remember we never ate it in my house, I usually cook it in a BAG for goodness sake! It turned out fine (and I even forgot to turn on the timer right away!). I think its pretty forgiving.

Unknown said...

glad your leg is OK!

yerdoingitwrong said...

Me, too. I'm happy your leg is okay! Ever since I read the first sushi post I've been blabbing to hubby that we need to take a class or something and start doing that at home. He's on board!!!! =) YAY!!