Monday, August 13, 2007

The Three Falls of Our Vacation


Big Muddy Creek Falls
We spent the week in a fabulous house on the lake last week doing a whole lot of nothing! After a hellish week at work and three days of training for Logos, I was seriously toast. Given that, we took advantage of only a fraction of the fun the area had to offer. We did manage to visit Swallow Falls and Big Muddy Creek Falls and take a bit of a hike. Of course, being me, I managed to do a fall of my own. As we headed out mid-afternoon to visit the falls it looked like rain--pretty much like it had the entire time we were there. We decided to brave it. About 2 miles from the house the rain started, first big drops, then a serious down pour. As we wove up, down and around back country roads I was not feeling confident. Finally after paying our entry fee we sat in the parking lot debating what to do as really wet people emerged from the woods. Thankfully, less than 10 minutes later things cleared off and we headed into the woods.


Boobah LOVES her Baby Jogger and I have to admit its one of the few baby purchases we still use. I loaded her up and we were off. After a short walk we came to handicapped access to the falls. Given that I was pushing her it seemed like a no brainer. Apparently the no brainer would have been to read the slip and fall warning on the big sign more carefully. About halfway down the deck of the pathway my feet went out from under me and I landed on my rear pulling the stroller back on top of me. Boobah was just fine but surprised to be looking me in the eyes from flat on her back. Thankfully I had the loop around my wrist and she stayed right with me. After that Dad took over stroller duty. You can see him, my sister, Mom & the girls below. Also, the park is named after Swallow Falls but our view of it was much less spectacular than the other we saw.















You can check out my review of more vacation entertainment over at Maven Says, we watched Word World as part of our road trip and everyone was entertained. You can read what others have to say about it over at Parent Bloggers Network.

1 comment:

Ann(ie) said...

What great pictures!! Happy Vacation!