Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Field Trip Fun

I chaperoned a field trip today to The Maryland Science Center in Baltimore. We had two buses with 80-ish 3 & 4 year olds and 60-ish adults. When we walked in the door there was a sign welcoming 9 groups with 1100-ish people. I was incredibly thankful that I had only Boobah to keep track of given the massiveness of the place and the incredible number of kids between 3 & 13 running amok.

I had a wonderful time hanging out with Boobah. I realized just how little one on one time she and I get. She loved the Kids Room and the chance to crawl around in a 4 foot high space and pretend to be under the sea. Her very favorite thing was these chairs that you pulled yourself up on with a rope. We had to re-visit it four different times. I thought it was pretty cool when she got to lay on the bed of nails.

Of course, despite the fact I begged Gman for a camera for my birthday and he got it for me I can never remember to take it with me since I took it out of my purse. Gman has spoiled me by carrying his camera everywhere. So, unfortunately no pictures from me--Ms. Ruth did a fine job of documenting the day for all of us though so perhaps later!

**************************************************************************
Today I am thankful for time to spend with my youngest. I need to remember to take more individual time for each of my girls.

2 comments:

Builder Mama said...

Sounds like a great day! I love doing that stuff with Monkey Man.

I always forget my camera too, or I bring it and forget it's in my bag. Classic.

g-man said...

I even had the battery all charged up.. Sheesh! You will be getting a camera bag for Christmas. :)