Saturday, February 9, 2008

Best of Both Worlds

Today the boys went to a gun show, tomorrow they are going to a car show. In order to counter the testosterone load the girls and I started the day at ice skating lessons and then went to see the Hannah Montana Concert Movie in 3-D. There were a few times when I thought the 3-D was going to make me vomit. Boobah apparently had similar sensations because she asked a couple of times if she could take them off. At one point I glanced over and she was reaching out, trying to touch the hands that looked like they were right in front of her. It was so precious, I found myself taking a mental snapshot to call up later. After the obligatory movie bathroom trip (at least I wasn't missing any plot here) she decided to spend the rest of the movie dancing in front of her seat in her too small shirt, pink cowboy boots and nasty 3-D glasses (think Army issue frames). Again, too cute! She is growing up way too fast.

The movie was okay, the girls certainly enjoyed it. I just kept thinking about the boatloads of money Disney is making off her and hope that she is getting her fair share! I also thanked my lucky stars more than once that I was not at the concert to listen to the actual shrieking in person because the low level, constant shriek on the screen was more than enough!

4 comments:

Builder Mama said...

That's it, it's official. You rock. There is no way in hell that I could sit through that. Although, ya know, the monster trucks on Mother's Day is probably a close second.

Too cute about Boobah dancing!

FENICLE said...

Agh....the Hannah Montana craze!!!! How can you stand it?

g-man said...

I'm sorry I missed that. :)

Gretchen said...

That does sound like the best of both worlds!

My husband took Addison to the concert. He said, "If there ever is a next time - ear plugs."

Took the fam to the movie, and everyone enjoyed it!