Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday PDQ



Friday was PDQs birthday, she turned 7. She mentioned the upcoming birthday at least 7 times a day, 7 days a week for the last 7 weeks. Is it bad that I am glad it is finally over?


Here is one of my favorite pictures from the early days:


I am glad the birthday and party are over but am awed by the seven year old this cute little baby has become. I marvel over the genetic mix, she has my facial features atop Gman's body. Its amazing to watch the outcome of mixing our DNA. His brown eyes and my blue have given her stunning blue/hazel eyes that change with her mood and wardrobe. I hope we don't get blamed for the less desirable of the genetic traits we've possibly passed along like a tendency to gain weight and wide feet.

Everyday this little girl amazes us with her ability to put together complex ideas one minute like an adult and the next minute pinch her sister like a two year old for not sharing the markers . I love that she is becoming more independent and forming strong opinions. Pink is out, blue is in. Like broccoli, hate salmon (and then, being the girl that she is, changes her mind to decide its not that bad).

The birthday magic was shared with Grammy & Pop from Ohio who came for a long weekend and managed to escape from the snow. On Saturday night we held a High School Musical Half-Sleepover in our basement. Thanks to whomever came up with the half-sleepover idea. The girls came at 5:30, we had pizza and did a Wildcats pennant, watched the HSM II movie, had cake and sent them on the way. It was a glimpse into what our future holds, shrieking girls, telling secrets, and swapping opinions on clothes.


Happy seventh birthday PDQ, I love you more than I could ever have imagined possible.

3 comments:

Esmerelda said...

Oh my! I'm just dissapointed that I didn't have a daughter to take to the party!

:-D

Builder Mama said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday PDQ!

I am so stealing that half-sleepover idea....

Tree said...

Happy Birthday!!!!